Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dr Laura Not Sailing J/100 or J/105 in Transpac!

Dr Laura Schlessinger- J/Boat owner- J/100 and J/105Stop Press!  J sailor, "Dr Laura" Schlessinger is not sailing her J/100 nor her new J/105 in the Transpac Race.  Instead she got a new 49 foot "ride" called Katana that was built "for this race".  Dr Laura is a former motor-boating enthusiast who comes to sailing with the passion of a convert. "I never thought I'd like sailing," she says. "I gave it a try, just a try, when I moved to Santa Barbara and I was shocked. Immediately, I fell in love with it. Sailing empties you of the daily junk, and that's the meaning of life. To put amazement into every day." (Editor's note- at one point she owned and sailed THREE J's- a J/92, J/100, J/125.  She's now down to just two- the J/100 and the J/105-- and her self-declared "first love" is the J/100).